In this day and age of social media and mobile phones, it can be hard for a parent to capture their child’s attention and keep them motivated to do the right things in life.
Between work, putting food on the table, chores, and so on, we know how difficult it can be to stay inspired to do your best.
So we have come up with a list of motivational quotes and phrases that will help you get through the many challenges ahead.
We also thought it would be a good idea to include some motivational quotes that you can use with your child as a way to inspire them.
1. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
2. Try giving up all the thoughts that make you feel bad, or even just some of them, and see how doing that changes your life. You don’t need negative thoughts. All they have ever given you was a false self that suffers. They are all lies. ― Gina Lake
3. Reframing encourages you to say, ‘Let’s look at this another way.’ By changing the frame around a situation, you not only change your perception of it, but its meaning for you as well. If you were to take one painting and view it in three different frames, each combination would offer a completely different presentation. Your perceptions work the same way. ― Susan C. Young
4. No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. – Barbara DeAngelis
5. Somewhere between handling challenges, taking care of business, and juggling responsibilities, you may have lost pieces of yourself which you long to recover. Perhaps they were buried and forgotten long ago. Rediscovering is more than just being reminded of these golden treasures. It is being able to excavate your riches by pulling them out, polishing them off, and allowing them to shine again. ― Susan C. Young
6. Remember to say thank you for being alive, remember to tell people you love them while they’re still alive.
7. A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult. – Melinda Gates
8. I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. – Oprah Winfrey
9. There are two kinds of teachers: the kind that fills you with so much quail shot that you can’t move, and the kind that just gives you a little prod behind and you jump to the skies. — Robert Frost
10. Education is not to reform students or amuse them or to make them expert technicians. It is to unsettle their minds, widen their horizons, inflame their intellects, teach them to think straight, if possible. — Robert M. Hutchins